Friday, September 21, 2018

17th Annivesary of one of my all time favorite films.


Today is the 17th anniversary of, one of my all time favorite films, Glitter, starring the beautiful, multi talented Mariah Carey.  It opened theatrically, September 21, 2001, and I remember seeing this almost everyday of it's two week run, in the city I live.  Ignored by the critics, and most mainstream audiences alike, this semi autobiographical arthouse film eventually became a cult classic.  A wonderful masterpiece about time, memory, love, and loss with an amazing soundtrack.








I own this film on multiple formats: VHS, VCD, DVD, & Bluray.  The DVD has some extras, such as two music videos and a filmmaker commentary track.  The Bluray has only the film and no extras.  Both editions are highly recommended.














No comments:

Post a Comment