Friday, August 17, 2018

Freddy Krueger's Tales Of Terror novels

Freddy Krueger's Tales Of Terror was a young adult horror novels series from TOR books, which were published in 1994-1995, shortly after the release of the seventh Nightmare On Elm Street film, New Nightmare.  There were a total of six books. The first two were written by Bruce Richards, while the last four were written by David Bergantino. 









Each story is similar in structure to the 80's tv series Freddy's Nightmares, written for the young adult horror market for readers of someone like, Christopher Pike ( Monster, Witch, Remember Me ), R. L. Stine ( Fear Street series, Goosebumps series), or Lois Duncan ( Stranger With My Face, I Know What You Did Last Summer ). I recently began rereading them again, and thought it might be interesting to write a brief post about this, in my opinion, amazing series of books.



2 comments:

  1. Never thought about the novels though my thoughts on Freddy's Nightmares have always been a tad conflicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both. I still have the Fangoria issue from 1995, where they talk about this series, as well as, other young adult books including the Camp Crystal Lake series. Thanks for the reply, and your thoughts, Septum. It is much appreciated.

      Delete