Thursday, July 12, 2018

Some favorite vampire films part 4

 I decided to post some more titles in this ongoing series, while I am in the process of finishing the new movie write up.  Here are three more titles, in no particular order.

10) The Blood Drinkers (1964) is a vampire film directed by Gerardo De Leon.  An artistic film from the Phillipines, filled with colored tinting, colored lighting, chiaroscuro lighting, and artfully framed shot compositions. The visuals give this De Leon masterpiece a dreamlike, otherworldly feel.




11) Count Dracula's Great Love (1973) is directed by Javier Aguirre and written by Paul Naschy ( Jacinto Molina ), Javier Aguirre, and Alberto S. Insua. A wonderful, artistic,and  atmospheric gothic classic from Spain which is one of my favorite Naschy pictures.





12) Dracula Vs Frankenstein (1971) is my favorite Al Adamson film. Rife with great lighting, atmosphere, great death scenes, and, dare I say, one the coolest looking Frankenstein monsters ever. The Dracula / Frankenstein battle at the end is classic in my opinion.






To be continued...















2 comments:

  1. I really liked Dracula vs. Frankenstein I need to check out the others always good to learn about film one hasn't previously heard of

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply Septum and thanks for reading. Yeah, Dracula Vs Frankenstein has always been a favorite of Al Adamson, who i am a big fan of. All of the others are excellent and I highly recommend them. Thanks again.

      Delete